Rental Requirements – What you need to know before you apply
We will perform a criminal background and credit check on each adult applicant.
1. If you are employed, the amount of one month’s rent for the property you are applying for must not exceed 30% of your total gross monthly income.
2. If your monthly income is not from employment, the amount of one month’s rent for the property you are applying for must not exceed 40% of your total gross monthly income.
3. You must have consistent employment for at least one year prior to applying for a property and provide proof of employment or ability to pay such as, but not limited to: social security, retirement, food stamps, unemployment, child support, etc…
4. You must have a good current and past landlord reference with NO EVICTIONS or AMOUNTS DUE in the last five years. Mortgages in good standing with a positive payment history will be considered a good landlord reference.
5. You must not have any utilities in collections such as gas, electric, water, trash or sanitation.
6.Your total monthly debt repayment plus the monthly rental amount for the property you are applying for must not exceed 75% of your gross monthly income.
7. You must not have any bad checks or civil judgments in the last five years, and we will review all other credit items that have been active in the last five years.
Medical bills in collection, educational bills in deferment, or cable bills in collection will not be held against you. Bankruptcies and foreclosures will be taken under consideration.
8. You must not have any felony, DRUG, VIOLENT ACT, PROPERTY CRIME, or PET REGISTRATION CONVICTIONS within the last five years.
MANCO DOES NOT RENT TO INDIVIDUALS CONVICTED OF SEXUALLY ORIENTED OFFENSES UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1. An application fee is required before application processing begins. The fee is $35 for each applicant. The application fee is non-refundable and required for each adult who will be living at the property. We accept money orders, cashier’s checks, credit or debit cards. We do not accept cash or personal checks for the application fee.
2. During our normal business hours, applications can be returned to our office at 1905 Salem Ave. Dayton, Ohio 45406 or left in our over night drop box with all required information (see below) and the application fee in one envelope with your name on it.
3. Application processing normally takes 3 to 5 business days to complete. Some applications may take longer to complete and some may be processed more quickly. Please notify us if you need to move by a specific date.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY and an application will not be processed until receipt of all required information below:
1. Complete application with all names, social security #’s, telephone numbers and required signatures.
2. A clear copy of each applicant’s valid driver’s license or state picture ID.
3. Two most recent pay stubs if employed or sufficient proof of income if from a source other than employment.
4. The full application fee.
We can make copies of the documents needed to apply if you are applying in our office.
Falsified applications will be rejected immediately.
DEPOSIT AND LEASES:
All leases are for one year and require a deposit equal to one month’s rent unless otherwise specified in writing by ManCo Real Estate.
A deposit is not required to apply, but deposits are encouraged to be paid with the application fee to hold the property for up to 2 weeks. A deposit does not guarantee an application will be approved.
If an application is denied, the deposit will be returned to the applicant.
We will consider applications with a full deposit first, before any applications without a deposit, regardless of which application was received first.
If an application is canceled after a date is set for the lease signing, the deposit will not be returned.
If you do not meet the qualifications or have any questions or concerns please contact ManCo Property Services before you schedule an appointment or apply for a property.